Lionel’s practice is primarily devoted to representing insurers in first-party and third-party insurance coverage matters. In the first-party context, Lionel litigates and provides advice for the property damage of commercial and residential properties, apartments and condominiums. He has experience with claims arising from a broad spectrum of alleged causes of loss, including hurricane/windstorm, water release and intrusion, fire, collapse, sinkhole and catastrophic ground cover collapse.
Lionel has litigated and advised insurer clients in third-party claims regarding commercial general liability, directors and officers, errors and omissions and environmental policies. Lionel’s liability coverage work has encompassed a variety of underlying claims, including those arising out of pollution, asbestos, construction defects, workplace injuries, trademark infringement and negligent security.
- Starlight Tower, Inc. v. Lexington Ins. Co., No. 8:16-cv-2471-T-27AAS, 2016 WL 6821139 (M.D. Fla. Nov. 17, 2016)
- Fantecchi v. Hartford Ins. Co. of the Midwest, No. 15-23969-CIV-ALTONAGA/O’Sullivan, 2015 WL 12516629 (S.D. Fla. Nov. 25, 2015)
- Great Am. Ins. Co. of N.Y. v. The Towers of Quayside No. 4 Condo. Ass’n, No. 15-CV-20056-KING, 2015 WL 6773870 (S.D. Fla. Nov. 4, 2015)
- Preferred Governmental Ins. Trust v. N. River Ins. Co., et al., No. 3:13cv424-MCR-CJK, 2014 WL 11512201 (N.D. Fla. Feb. 26, 2014)
- Tower Ins. Co. of N.Y. v. Aledith Enters., Inc., No. 12-22689-Civ-COOKE/TURNOFF, 2013 WL 12064483 (S.D. Fla. Sept. 30, 2013)
- Tower Ins. Co. of N.Y. v. Bilu Holdings, Inc., No. 11-21771-CV-LENARD/O’SULLIVAN, 2012 WL 13012756 (M.D. Fla. Oct. 16, 2012)