Sean is an experienced trial attorney who has been practicing in state and federal courts across Pennsylvania and New Jersey for nearly a decade. Sean defends businesses and individuals in commercial and business litigation, employment liability, nonmedical professional liability and products liability. He also has experience in planned communities, class actions, catastrophic loss, construction warranty and contract disputes, toxic tort and premises liability.
In addition, Sean defends banks, credit unions and other entities against consumer protection lawsuits, including actions arising under the Fair Credit Reporting Act, Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, Expedited Funds Availability Act and Pennsylvania’s Unfair Trade Practices and Consumer Protection Law.
- Jenkins v. Polysciences, Inc., No. CV 16-6616, 2017 WL 1361689 (E.D. Pa. 2017)
- Obtained the dismissal of a lawsuit against an international chemical materials manufacturer sounding in age and race discrimination See Medero v. NBC Merchants, Inc., No. CV 16-6583, 2017 WL 3328361 (E.D. Pa. 2017); Clemena v. Philadelphia Coll. of Osteopathic Med., No. CV 17-428, 2017 WL 3453338 (E.D. Pa. 2017)
- Brown v. Metropolitan Management Corp. et al., 2:17-CV-00786 (E.D. Pa. 2017)
- Secured the dismissal of all claims against a condominium association and property management company in defense of a Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) case brought in the District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Kennedy House, Inc. v. Philadelphia Comm’n on Human Relations, 143 A.3d 476, 483 (Pa. Commw. Ct. 2016), appeal denied, 165 A.3d 902 (Pa. 2017)
- Successful on an appeal to the Pennsylvania Supreme Court on behalf of a residential cooperative building located in Center City, Philadelphia wherein the plaintiff claimed that the cooperative had discriminated against her by denying her request for a waiver of its no-dog policy, preventing her from purchasing a unit in the building
- Wesley v. Simona Am. Inc., No. 3:15-CV-1110, 2016 WL 8613937, at *1 (M.D. Pa. 2016), report and recommendation adopted, No. 3:15-CV-1110, 2017 WL 1173931 (M.D. Pa. 2017)
- Obtained summary judgment dismissing age discrimination and retaliation claims brought by a former employee who was terminated following the consolidation of two thermoplastic manufacturing facilities
- Cranston v. PJM Interconnection LLC, No. CIV.A. 13-04916, 2014 WL 5503151, (E.D. Pa. 2014)
- Obtained summary judgement from District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania where plaintiff brought suit pursuant to the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) against his former employer and its pension plan for failure to pay pension benefits allegedly owed under Plaintiff’s employee retirement plan. See Inners v. Keystone Human Servs. of Lancaster, No. 1:12-CV-1701, 2013 WL 5439117, at *1 (M.D. Pa. 2013)
- Secured dismissal of breach of fiduciary duty and ERISA claims against employer alleged to have mishandled an employee’s beneficiary designation form naming the plaintiff the beneficiary