Steve concentrates his practice in professional liability, commercial litigation and premises liability. His past experience includes work in product liability, aviation, construction defect, premise liability, dram shop liability and insurance coverage. Steve has personally handled more than 10 bench trials and 30 arbitration hearings, in addition to second-chairing three jury trials in the last four years.
Steve also serves at the DePaul University College of Law as an adjunct professor on the subject of legal writing, with an emphasis on motion and appellate brief writing and transactions.
- Hoover v. Country Mut. Ins. Co., et al., 2012 IL App (1st) 110939, 363 Ill.Dec. 612 (1st Dist. 2012)
- Grater, Inc., v. Kevin T. Keating, et al, 2009 L 011084 (Cook County Circuit Court, Illinois)
- Achieved defense verdict in legal malpractice claim
- Frulla v. Hyatt, et al., 2012 L 001381 (Cook County Circuit Court, Illinois)
- Achieved defense verdict in a personal injury claim in which plaintiff sought $24 million in damages
- Summary Judgment-CAM v. Independent Medical Billers of Illinois, 05 L 4328 (2007); affirmed in CAM v. Independent Medical Billers of Illinois, 383 Ill.App. 3d 104 (1st Dist. 2008)
- Summary Judgment-Phillips v. Budget Rent A Car System, et al., 03 L 831 (2005); affirmed in Phillips v. Budget Rent A Car Systems, Inc., et al. (372 Ill.App.3d 155(1st Dist. 2007)