Litchfield Cavo LLP is looking for sharp individuals who are interested in growing their careers among our more than 275 attorneys who value client relationships and foster open and honest communication with integrity and professionalism. Litchfield Cavo offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits package in a dynamic working environment providing substantial opportunities for professional development.
Successful Litchfield Cavo candidates will have the ability to work proactively and independently while also demonstrating strong analytical, writing and communication skills with an eagerness to learn. Candidates must be able to perform essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or the ability necessary to do the job.
FEATURED OPPORTUNITY | ASSOCIATE ATTORNEY | Fort Lauderdale, FL
Litchfield Cavo seeks a well-rounded, highly-motivated general liability attorney with insurance coverage experience for its Fort Lauderdale, FL office. This is an exceptional opportunity for candidates to handle a variety of litigation issues in state and federal courts.
- Prepare and handle pleadings, discovery and motions
- Perform legal research
- Attend depositions of parties, witnesses and medical providers
- Prepare and draft pleadings, briefs and case assessments
- Review, assess and handle matters from inception to trial
- Appear for court hearings
A successful candidate will have the ability to work proactively, independently and demonstrate strong analytical, writing, research and communication skills and an eagerness to learn. To successfully perform this job an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability necessary to do this job.
- A 2nd to 4th year Licensed attorney
- Insurance coverage experience required
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a busy environment while supporting the practice area
- Computer proficiency including MS Office including Excel, Outlook and proficient skills navigating the Internet
- Top 1/3 in law school class
- History of academic success
- Judicial clerkship preferred but not required.
- Must be licensed to practice law in the state of Florida
To be considered for this position or other opportunities, please send your CV or resume and writing sample to Careers@nullLitchfieldCavo.com.
Please email your cover letter, resume and writing sample through Indeed only.
The Firm offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits packages in an outstanding work environment, as well as an excellent opportunity for mentoring, growth and responsibility. All inquiries will be handled confidentially.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records and criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and California law.
Litchfield Cavo LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V. Our Firm supports and encourages workforce diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, national origin, sexual orientation or disability in any of our recruitment, hiring or placement processes.