Anthony is an experienced litigation and trial attorney who is national coordinating counsel for multiple defendants in asbestos litigation. In addition to his activities as national counsel, he regularly defends general liability claims, construction defects, trucking accidents and professional liability claims involving civil engineers, architects, surveyors and appraisers. Anthony has lectured on successor corporate liability and the application and implementation of defenses available under the Michigan Product Liability Act in Michigan, Pennsylvania and Massachusetts. Anthony led the Mass Tort Section while at his previous law firm in Detroit, Michigan, for more than 15 years.
Anthony is a past president of the Association of Defense Trial Counsel and a member of the Defense Research Institute (DRI), State Bar of Michigan, the Detroit Bar Association, the Macomb County Bar Association and the Italian American Bar Association of Michigan.
- Obtained a defense verdict in favor of a bar owner in an Oakland County, Michigan dram shop claim that involved the claim of one bar patron who was allegedly assaulted by a visibly intoxicated person who was allegedly overserved by the licensee.
- Obtained a defense verdict in premises liability and dram shop (liquor law) claim in Wayne County, Michigan where plaintiff alleged the defendant had overserved two visibly intoxicated patrons who then allegedly assaulted plaintiffs on the premises.
- Obtained a defense verdict in a premises liability claim where plaintiff sustained a tri-malleolar fracture in a slip and fall accident where the proofs showed the defendant took reasonable measures to diminish the hazards of snow and ice during a snow storm.
- Negotiated global settlement of identity theft claims brought by persons whose identities were stolen by an automobile dealership sales representative when he used their credit information to make them fictitious co-borrowers.
- Secured dismissal of defendant in a premises liability action brought by plaintiff who alleged she was assaulted because of an inadequately lit parking lot.