Patrick focuses his practice on commercial litigation, with particular emphasis on the representation of various insurance companies, third party administrators and risk retention groups in matters involving insurance coverage issues and bad faith claims. This includes issues of coverage related to major construction accidents, toxic torts, products liability, auto liability, pollution liability, employer’s liability, medical and non-medical professional liability, business torts and defamation claims. Patrick also advises insurers on policy drafting matters.
- MacSteel International USA Corporation v. Superior Products Company, Inc., 2002 WL 472288 (N.D. Ill., March 27, 2002)
- Black Knight Productions, Inc. v. The University of Illinois at Chicago, 50 Ill. Ct. Cl. 406 (Ill. Ct. Claims 1998)
- Reliance Group Holdings, Inc. v. National Union Fire Insurance Company of Pittsburgh, Pa., 594 N.Y.S.2d 20, 188 A.D.2d 47 (First Dep’t 1993)
- Borg-Warner Corporation v. Insurance Company of North America, 577 N.Y.S.2d 953, 174 A.D.2d 24 (Third Dep’t 1992)
- Insurance Corporation of Ireland v. KCC New York Syndicate Corp., 570 N.Y.S.2d 569, 174 A.D.2d 362 (First Dep’t 1991)