Patrick focuses his practice on commercial litigation, with emphasis on counseling various insurance companies, third party administrators and risk retention groups on insurance coverage issues and bad faith claims. His legal practice includes representing clients on issues of coverage related to major construction accidents and products liability, toxic torts and pollution liability, business torts and defamation claims. Patrick also represents clients in cases involving auto liability, medical and non-medical professional liability, and advises insurers on policy drafting matters.
- MacSteel International USA Corporation v. Superior Products Company, Inc., 2002 WL 472288 (N.D. Ill., March 27, 2002)
- Black Knight Productions, Inc. v. The University of Illinois at Chicago, 50 Ill. Ct. Cl. 406 (Ill. Ct. Claims 1998)
- Reliance Group Holdings, Inc. v. National Union Fire Insurance Company of Pittsburgh, Pa., 594 N.Y.S.2d 20, 188 A.D.2d 47 (First Dep’t 1993)
- Borg-Warner Corporation v. Insurance Company of North America, 577 N.Y.S.2d 953, 174 A.D.2d 24 (Third Dep’t 1992)
- Insurance Corporation of Ireland v. KCC New York Syndicate Corp., 570 N.Y.S.2d 569, 174 A.D.2d 362 (First Dep’t 1991)