MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL LIABILITY
Medical professionals in all areas of practice may be subject to civil lawsuits that can damage them professionally and personally. Litchfield Cavo attorneys are formidable advocates with extensive experience defending medical professionals from claims of negligence, malpractice, misconduct, and license and credential issues.
Our attorneys place specific emphasis on medical device litigation and represent pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturing company clients against claims of medical malpractice and products liability.
We Know Medical Malpractice Law
Clients benefit from the broad view our attorneys bring to their cases due to their vast medical knowledge of professional liability law. As effective med-mal defense attorneys it is vital we understand medical details and case law and offer solid strategies to our clients.
Our credentials include defending catastrophic injury claims, those involving complex questions of law and scientific evidence, and mass tort litigation. Our strategic defense attorneys represent the following medical field professionals:
- Nursing homes
Our medical liability attorneys defend clients in case matters such as
- Anesthesia errors
- Birth injuries
- Delays or failures to diagnose
- Delays or failures to treat
- Deviations from the standard of care
- Prescription errors
- Product defects
- Surgical errors
- Wrongful death
Our Medical Liability Defense Record
Examples of our attorneys’ healthcare and medical liability representation include the following:
- Defense of a major pharmaceutical company in the thimerosal vaccine litigation.
- Defense of a major pharmaceutical company in cases involving antidepressant products.
- Defense of nurses at a mental health facility in a case alleging wrongful death of patients.
- Defense of a psychotherapist in a case alleging the suicide of a patient constituted wrongful death.
- Defense of a pharmacy in a claim involving patient drug overdose.
- Defense of physicians and nurses of a home care nursing agency against a claim of negligent post-operative care.
- Defense of nurses and physicians in licensing disputes before public health departments.
- Defense of a hospital against Emergency Medical Treatment and Labor Act anti-dumping violations.