BUSINESS LITIGATION | COMMERCIAL LITIGATION
It is not uncommon for business relationships to lead to disagreement. Litchfield Cavo attorneys represent clients in a broad variety of commercial disputes and work within a range of industries. Our attorneys’ counsel clients on disputes and work with them to obtain a thorough understanding of their specific goals and objectives so that the client can get back to managing their business operations.
Our business litigation group draws on their vast industry knowledge to formulate and deploy the best approach to managing risk and minimizing exposure for their clients. Our attorney’s efficient project management when handling files and strong business acumen strengthen their ability to strategize on complicated, high-stakes commercial cases whether going to trial or seeking to resolve a dispute quickly and effectively.
Our Business Litigation Defense Record
- Defended construction company’s Officers in a $1.3 million breach of contract, fraud and negligent misrepresentation claims involving the sale of its business; after a three and a half week trial the jury returned a defense verdict.
- Defended Officer of a finance company against a $1.2 million breach of contract, fraud and negligent misrepresentation regarding the sale of a business investment; after a one week trial the jury returned a defense verdict.
- Defended insurance company client in a class action suit brought by various groups of providers asserting antitrust, price-fixing, conspiracy and slow-pay claims arising from the processing and payment of physician reimbursement by health insurance companies.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of consulting firm client against Plaintiffs who alleged our client committed or aided and abetted fraud during the sale of two commercial buildings; the Court granted our attorneys’ defense motion and later granted our motion for court costs and attorneys’ fees.
- Defended construction materials client on accusations of indemnity, breach of contract and contribution claims from Plaintiff following attempt to recover more than half a million dollars for an underlying multi-vehicle accident; the Court granted our motion dismissing all Plaintiff’s claims against our client with prejudice.
- Prosecuted a breach of fiduciary duty claim against a major accounting firm arising from the simultaneous merger of more than 30 companies.
- Defended two corporate energy clients in a lawsuit brought by a commercial property owner who sought damages for breach of a written lease arising from loss of rental income due to contamination of a former gas station site; a non-jury court trial found in our clients favor when Plaintiff failed to prove its case.
- Obtained favorable summary judgment ruling on behalf of emergency physician group client and the individually-named physicians against former shareholder and employee claims asserting breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duties, fraudulent inducement, slander, conversion, tortious interference, intentional infliction of emotional distress and violations of Georgia corporate law.
- Prevailed on summary judgment for property owner client’s contractual indemnification and breach of contract claims in a construction-related action wherein Plaintiff sought a multi-million-dollar recovery for damages following their fall from a purportedly defective fire escape ladder.
- Defended travel agency client in breach of contract, fiduciary duty case, obtaining favorable defense verdict.
- Defended a manufacturer of a refrigeration control system against claims of breach of contract made by a food manufacturer.
Business Litigation Matters
- Asbestos coverage limits
- Breach of contract and breach of duties
- Commercial disputes
- Contractual indemnification
- Intellectual property infringement
- Personal lines issues
- Premises liability
- Property ownership
- Tortious interference
- Trade regulation
- Unfair business practice claims