Paul focuses his practice on insurance coverage and has significant experience in large, complex environmental coverage cases, such as those involving waste sites, asbestos and hearing loss. He also has experience advising carriers on proper claim handling practices and potential exposure related to COVID-19 claims, and is a current member of Litchfield Cavo LLP’s COVID-19 Resource Team, with focus on insurance coverage claims.
Paul has experience working on cases involving government contracts, employee contracts, executive, professional and employers liability defense as well as securities brokers, defamation and workers’ compensation. In addition, he has acted as an arbitrator in insurance coverage disputes.
Prior to attending Georgetown University Law Center, Paul co-owned a business that exported hand-made Tibetan carpets from Nepal. During that time, Paul and his business partner started a restaurant for a local Tibetan refugee family that continues to provide a living for that family to this day.
- City of Hartford v. Travelers Property Casualty Company of America, No. HHD-CV-17-6081277 S (Conn. Super. Ct. April 10, 2018)
- Front Street Commons, LLC v. Acadia Insurance Company, No. 3:17-cv-00284-VLB (D. Conn. March 27, 2018)
- Travelers Cas. Ins. Co. of Am. v. Gargano, 2016 WL 8135416 (Conn. Super. Ct. Dec. 22, 2016)
- Geico Indem. Co. v. Gaylord, 2014 WL 4494729 (Conn. Super. Ct. Aug. 6, 2014)
- Ridley v. Nat’l Union Fire Ins. Co. of Pittsburgh, PA, 2014 WL 3687739 (D. Conn. July 22, 2014)
- Misiti, LLC v. Travelers Prop. Cas. Co. of Am., 308 Conn. 146, 61 A.3d 485 (2013)
- National Waste Associates, LLC v. Travelers Casualty and Surety Co. of America, 294 Conn. 511 (2010)
- Gupta v. Great Northern Insurance Co., 2009 WL 291011 (D. Conn. 2009)