Amy has more than 20 years of experience in a variety of civil litigation matters. She has represented manufacturers, sellers, designers and contractors in defense of product liability and toxic tort claims, including claims involving exposures to asbestos, silica, coal tar and lead.
Amy has extensive experience with motions practice, taking and defending depositions and working with experts. Her legal practice includes arguing complex legal issues and discovery challenges, including multi-dimensional discovery.
Amy has represented clients in commercial business contract and insurance disputes, general liability and construction matters. Prior to joining Litchfield Cavo LLP, Amy practiced at both a regional firm and a large international law firm, where she gained experience with large e-discovery projects, appellate matters and government investigations.
- Summary Judgment awarded, and affirmed on appeal, in favor of corporate client in two actions wherein Plaintiffs alleged that our client was a successor to all tort liabilities of alleged predecessor contractor, including alleged personal injuries due to occupational exposures; the Plaintiffs’ Petition for Review to the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania was denied
- Kelly Smith, Executrix of the Estate of Daniel R. Harrity v. A.O. Smith Corp. et al., 270 A.3d 1185 (Pa. Super. 2022), petition for allowance of appeal denied, 2022 WL 3367103 (Pa. Aug. 16, 2022)
- Rosenkeimer v. A.O. Smith Corp et al., 2022 WL 223585 (Pa. Super. 2022) petition for allowance of appeal denied, 2022 WL 3367872 (Pa. Aug. 16, 2022)
- Petition for Interlocutory Appeal granted by intermediate appellate court for review of exclusivity of Pennsylvania occupational disease statute, 77 P.S. §1201, et seq.
- Summary judgment awarded in favor of fire suppression equipment manufacturer client in property damage action Pennsylvania state court action; case involved extensive expert witness issues
- Negotiated favorable settlement on behalf of equipment manufacturing client after mediation in personal injury action involving serious physical injuries from alleged product defect and faulty installation
- Obtained summary judgment in multiple state asbestos cases in favor of product and equipment manufacturing defendants based on failure to meet legal elements to sustain a claim and on Statute of Repose
- Represented proprietary education company as part of litigation team in multi-billion dollar False Claims Act case and related state and federal government investigations
- Advised foreign parent company of product defendant on insurance and corporate issues relating to United States asbestos litigation liabilities
- Represented foreign company on litigation team in federal court stemming from administration of United Nations humanitarian aid program; federal trial court granted motions to dismiss, the federal Court of Appeals affirmed, and the United States Supreme Court denied opposing party’s petition for writ of certiorari
- Successfully argued against preliminary objections to three judge panel of Commonwealth Court of Pennsylvania on behalf of our general contractor client in a case-of-first-impression regarding competitive bidding requirements on $20 million government-funded construction project; awarded summary judgment and attorneys’ fees in favor of client, affirmed by Pennsylvania Supreme Court
- Balsbaugh v. Com. Dep’t of Gen. Services, 815 A.2d 36 (Pa. Cmwlth. 2003)