Scott is an accomplished trial attorney with more than 25 years of experience. He is board certified in personal injury trial law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. His practice includes defending businesses and individual clients in business litigation, premises liability, professional liability, transportation and dram shop claims. Scott has successfully tried cases throughout the state of Texas.
Scott defends business clients in matters involving breach of contract, breach of fiduciary obligations, deceptive trade practice and fraud. He previously represented clients in matters such as tortious interference, trade secrets and collections. Scott has represented finance companies and national banking associations regarding creditors’ rights in US Bankruptcy Courts throughout the state of Texas.
- Defended a restaurant company in fraud and negligent misrepresentation claims for sale of business; summary judgment granted on all claims
- Defended apartment complex where a tenant was held at gunpoint; summary judgment granted on all claims
- Defended national hotel chain on premises liability claim for $1.5 million claim; summary judgment granted for defendant on liability
- Defended construction company and its officers in a $1.3 million breach of contract, fraud and negligent misrepresentation claims involving the sale of its business; after a three and a half week trial the jury returned a defense verdict
- Defended officer of a finance company in a $1.2 million breach of contract, fraud and negligent misrepresentation regarding the sale of a business investment; after a one week trial the jury returned a defense verdict
- Defended a large oil refinery on premises liability claims, summary judgment granted on liability
- Defended a law firm in fraud and legal malpractice claims involving the sale of a multi-million dollar apartment complex resulting in a defense verdict after a two week trial