Laurence counsels insurers and handles insurance coverage litigation against first- and third-party insurance claims. He has experience handling claims involving policies for D&O liability, professional liability, employment practices liability, cyber liability and commercial general liability. Laurence has represented insurers in declaratory judgment, bad faith, equitable contribution and rescission lawsuits in Illinois state and federal courts, as well as other jurisdictions.
Laurence also is a current member of Litchfield Cavo LLP’s COVID-19 Resource Team and has secured insurer victories in trial and appellate courts nationwide.
Prior to entering private practice, Laurence clerked for the Honorable Mary L. Mikva in the Chancery Division of the Cook County Circuit Court.
- Ortiz Eye Assocs., P.C. v. Cincinnati Ins., Inc., 2022 IL App (1st) 211312-U, 2022 WL 2079476 (Ill. App. Ct. June 9, 2022)
- Sandy Point Dental, P.C. v. Cincinnati Ins. Co., No. 21-1186, 2021 WL 5833525 (7th Cir. Dec. 9, 2021)
- Oral Surgeons, P.C. v. Cincinnati Ins. Co., 2 F.4th 1141 (8th Cir. 2021)
- Renaissance/The Park, LLC v. Cincinnati Ins. Co., No. 3:20-CV-864-RGJ, 2021 WL 4429796 (W.D. Ky. Sept. 27, 2021)
- Troy Stacy Enterprises Inc. v. Cincinnati Ins. Co., No. 1:20-CV-312, 2021 WL 4346688 (S.D. Ohio Sept. 24, 2021)
- Gilreath Fam. & Cosm. Dentistry, Inc. v. Cincinnati Ins. Co., No. 21-11046, 2021 WL 3870697 (11th Cir. Aug. 31, 2021)
- Cozzini Bros. v. Cincinnati Ins. Co., Inc., No. 20-CV-04274, 2021 WL 3408499 (N.D. Ill. Aug. 4, 2021)
- Ryan P. Estes, D.M.D., P.S., P.S.C. v. Cincinnati Ins. Co., No. 220CV138WOBCJS, 2021 WL 2292473 (E.D. Ky. June 4, 2021)
- Georgetown Dental, LLC v. Cincinnati Ins. Co., No. 121CV00383TWPMJD, 2021 WL 1967180 (S.D. Ind. May 17, 2021)
- FS Food Grp. LLC v. Cincinnati Ins. Co., No. 320CV00588RJCDSC, 2021 WL 5178490 (W.D.N.C. Mar. 18, 2021)
- TJBC, Inc. v. Cincinnati Ins. Co., Inc., No. 20-CV-815-DWD, 2021 WL 243583 (S.D. Ill. Jan. 25, 2021), aff’d sub nom
- Carolina Cas. Ins. Co. v. Robert S. Forbes PC, No. 16-CV-40-JPG-SCW, 2017 WL 86136 (S.D. Ill. Jan. 10, 2017)