Bill concentrates his practice on business litigation, employment liability, products liability, professional liability and appellate practice. Bill also advises clients on a range of contract issues and has negotiated a broad range of contracts, from simple lease agreements to service contracts in the pharmaceutical industry where protecting the clients’ intellectual property was of paramount concern. Bill’s clients include manufacturers, distributors, warehouse and trucking companies, insurance companies, credit unions, advertising companies, commercial and residential builders, commercial real estate developers, municipalities and professional service providers.
Prior to attending law school, Bill worked for IBM, where he provided financial and technical marketing services for the corporation’s national and international accounts.
- Defended quiet title action involving sale of real estate for casino development from trial court up through state supreme court
- Defended healthcare insurer from bad faith charges after it denied coverage for a procedure it deemed experimental
- Defended township against charges of race based zoning enforcement
- Defended land owner in a non-employee forklift catastrophic injury case
- Defended CNC Machine manufacturer in a consumer fraud, breach of warranty case
- Defended a component manufacturer in a fire case involving a 1.2 megawatt photovoltaic power plant and over $100,000,000 in alleged damages
- Defended polymer manufacturing company in intellectual property case alleging infringement in new product development following a sale of a portion of the business
- Defended banking case alleging violation of banking regulations, consumer fraud and negligence in the creation and administration of an asset based commercial loan
- Defended condo association against charges of tortuously interfering with multi-million dollar contract between developer and prospective commercial tenant
- Defended outdoor advertiser in breach of contract claim for over $800,000 in commissions