Bill concentrates his law practice on business litigation, employment liability, products liability, and appellate practice. His clients include manufacturers, distributors, warehouse companies, professional service providers, financial institutions, and real estate developers and builders.
Bill also represents insurance companies and their insureds. He has extensive experience advising on, and negotiating a broad range of clients’ service contract issues—from simple business lease agreements for a regional company to larger scale pharmaceutical industry service contracts where intellectual property protection was of paramount concern.
Prior to attending the University of Michigan Law School, Bill worked for IBM where he provided financial and technical marketing services for the corporation’s national and international accounts.
- Defended quiet title action involving sale of real estate for casino development from trial court up through state supreme court
- Defended healthcare insurer from bad faith charges after it denied coverage for a procedure it deemed experimental
- Defended township against charges of race based zoning enforcement
- Defended land owner in a non-employee forklift catastrophic injury case
- Defended CNC Machine manufacturer in a consumer fraud, breach of warranty case
- Defended a component manufacturer in a fire case involving a 1.2 megawatt photovoltaic power plant and over $100,000,000 in alleged damages
- Defended polymer manufacturing company in intellectual property case alleging infringement in new product development following a sale of a portion of the business
- Defended banking case alleging violation of banking regulations, consumer fraud and negligence in the creation and administration of an asset based commercial loan
- Defended condo association against charges of tortuously interfering with multi-million dollar contract between developer and prospective commercial tenant
- Defended outdoor advertiser in breach of contract claim for over $800,000 in commissions