Dan focuses his practice on insurance coverage and extra-contractual liability counseling, Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR), litigation, trials and appeals. He also defends class action cases. Dan has handled a wide variety of civil cases over the years including construction defect, business tort, antitrust and employment discrimination cases.
From 1987 to 2000, Dan was heavily involved in insurance environmental coverage litigation and served as lead counsel for insurers in some of the largest such cases including cases against Fortune 100 Companies. Dan has handled state or federal cases in 31 states.
In 1998 Dan became one of the founding partners of Litchfield Cavo LLP.
- Houseman Construction Company v. The Cincinnati Insurance Company, Slip Copy, 2010 WL 1658959, W. D. Mich., April 23, 2010
- Spirco Environmental, Inc. v. American Intern. Specialty Lines Ins. Co., 555 F.3d 637, 2009 WL 233873, C.A.8 (Mo.), February 3, 2009
- Kootenia Homes, Inc. v. Federated Mut. Ins. Co., 2006 WL 224162, Minn.App. January 31, 2006
- Cincinnati Insurance Co. v. Eastern Atlantic Ins. Co., 260 F.3d 742, 2001 WL 869365, 7th Cir. 2001
- Hartford Casualty Ins. Co. v. Benchmark, Inc./Taylor Associates, Inc., 1999 WL 33656877, N.D. Iowa, November 9, 1999
- Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. v. Aetna Cas. And Surety Co., 1995 WL 422733, Ohio App. 9 Dist., July 12, 1995
- Farmer City Community Health Foundation, Inc. v. Cincinnati Ins. Co., 1994 WL 394914 C.D.Ill., 1994
- Walgreen Co. v. Selcke, 230 Ill.App.3d 442, 595 N.E.2d 89, 172 Ill. Dec. 26, 1992 WL 109983, Ill.App. 1st Dist. 1992
- Y. McDonald Industries, Inc. v. Insurance Co. of North America, 475 N.W.2d 607 Iowa, 1991
- Aetna Cas. & Sur. Co. of Hartford, Connecticut v. Kerr-McGee Chemical Corp., 875 F.2d 1252, 1989 WL 54812, 29 ERC 1680, 7th Cir. 1989
- Edward Hines Lumber Co. v. Vulcan Materials Co., 669 F.Supp. 854, 26 ERC 1662 N.D Ill. 1987