Matt is an experienced litigator and trial attorney. His practice includes the defense of individuals and businesses, with an emphasis on personal injury, employment and professional liability litigation. He also defends businesses in employment actions based on age, race and sex discrimination. Matt has valuable trial experience, successfully defending several cases at trial. He has also briefed and argued appeals in federal appellate courts and various state district courts.
- Won summary judgment for a refinery services company in a wrongful death case involving a worker’s overexposure to heat.
- Won summary judgment in favor of client in business divorce between partners in design consulting business.
- Obtained defense verdict in automobile accident case against property management company after single vehicle crash.
- Defended battery manufacturer in wrongful death case arising out of battery explosion at oil field services company research facility, with case settling during jury trial.
- Obtained defense verdict in jury trial in favor of client in declaratory judgment action against homeowner’s association in dispute over declarations language.
- Obtained dismissal during trial in negligence, breach of fiduciary duty and breach of contract claims brought by property investors against management company and owner’s association.