Matt is an experienced litigator and trial lawyer. His practice includes the defense of individuals and businesses, with an emphasis on personal injury, employment and professional liability litigation. Matt’s experience with personal injury defense include trucking and vehicular accidents, wrongful death claims, premises liability and workplace accidents.
Matt also defends businesses in employment actions brought under state and federal laws such as Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), and Employment Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA). In addition, he also represents clients in commercial disputes involving the defense of corporate directors and officers, community associations, trade secrets, breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, subrogation and insurance coverage disputes.
- Won summary judgment for a refinery services company in a wrongful death case involving a worker’s overexposure to heat.
- Won summary judgment in favor of client in business divorce between partners in design consulting business.
- Obtained defense verdict in automobile accident case against property management company after single vehicle crash.
- Defended battery manufacturer in wrongful death case arising out of battery explosion at oil field services company research facility, with case settling during jury trial.
- Obtained defense verdict in jury trial in favor of client in declaratory judgment action against homeowner’s association in dispute over declarations language.
- Obtained dismissal during trial in negligence, breach of fiduciary duty and breach of contract claims brought by property investors against management company and owner’s association.