Matt is an experienced litigator and trial lawyer. His practice includes defending individuals and businesses with emphasis on personal injury, employment and professional liability litigation. Matt’s representative experience includes trucking and motor vehicle accidents, wrongful death claims, premises liability and workplace accidents.
Matt represents clients in commercial disputes involving corporate directors and officers, trade secrets, breach of contract and breach of fiduciary duty, subrogation and insurance coverage, and community associations disputes. In addition, he defends businesses in employment actions brought under state and federal laws such as Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and Employment Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA).
- Won summary judgment in favor of client in business divorce between partners in design consulting business
- Defended battery manufacturer in wrongful death case arising out of battery explosion at oil field services company research facility, with case settling during jury trial
- Obtained defense verdict in jury trial in favor of client in declaratory judgment action against homeowner’s association in dispute over declarations language
- Obtained dismissal during trial in negligence, breach of fiduciary duty and breach of contract claims brought by property investors against management company and owner’s association
- Won summary judgment for a refinery services company in a wrongful death case involving a worker’s overexposure to heat
- Obtained defense verdict in automobile accident case against property management company after single vehicle crash