Ellen Gerson Tagtmeier
Ellen is a native Houstonian and has been practicing law since 1989. She has trial, appellate, mediation and arbitration experience in state and federal courts, defending and prosecuting claims on behalf of clients in the areas of commercial litigation, construction and surety litigation, trucking, cargo, freight and transportation claims, real estate litigation, insurance defense litigation and products liability litigation. Ellen’s construction litigation experience includes representation of sureties, owners, general contractors, subcontractors, manufacturers, suppliers, architects and engineers in contract formation and lawsuits, mediations and arbitrations concerning commercial and residential design, defect and performance issues, payment and performance bond and lien claims and disruption and delay claims.
Ellen served as a briefing attorney for Justice Franklin Spears on the Texas Supreme Court and has extensive experience handling civil appeals in both state and federal courts in Texas.
Ellen has been rated an AV® Preeminent™ lawyer by Martindale-Hubbell, representing the recognition of the highest level of professional excellence by her peers.
- South Texas College of Law Houston, JD, May 1989; cum laude; South Texas Law Review, Articles Editor; Order of the Lytae
- University of Texas at Austin, BBA, 1986; Marketing and International Business
- United States District Courts: Northern District of Texas, Southern District of Texas, Eastern District of Texas, Western District of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals: Fifth Circuit
- State Bar of Texas; construction law, litigation and appellate sections
- Houston Bar Association; construction law, litigation and appellate sections
Representative Reported Case
- Owens v. Neely, 866 S.W.2d 716 (Tex. App. – Houston [14th Dist.] 1993, writ denied).