Stephanie L. Dykeman
Stephanie focuses her practice on insurance coverage and the defense of complex commercial litigation. She concentrates her practice in insurance coverage in the areas of construction defect, mold, uninsured and underinsured motorist, personal and advertising injury, first-party property, bad faith, and reformation. In addition, Stephanie defends policyholders in complex litigation, including products liability, premises liability, construction, and professional liability matters. Stephanie’s commercial litigation practice focuses on defending financial institutions against counterclaims in foreclosure litigation and against FCRA, RESPA, TILA, and state consumer act claims.
After completing law school, she served as a judicial law clerk in the Milwaukee County Circuit Court. Stephanie is a member of the adult commission of the B’nai Brith Youth Organization and previously served on the board of the Milwaukee Jewish Federation.
- George Washington University, JD, 1999; with honors; George Washington Journal of International Law & Economics, executive managing editor
- University of Wisconsin at Madison, BS, 1996; with honors; journalism and political science
- United States District Courts: Eastern District of Wisconsin, Western District of Wisconsin, Northern District of Illinois
- United States Court of Appeals: Seventh Circuit
- Milwaukee Young Lawyers Association; past-president and board member
- Defense Research Institute
Representative Reported Cases
- Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District v. American International Specialty Lines Insurance Company, 598 F.3d 311 (7th Cir. 2010)
- Baumann v. Elliott, 2005 WI App 186, 286 Wis.2d 667, 704 N.W.2d 361