Jan is a partner at Litchfield Cavo LLP’s Dallas-Fort Worth office and represents entities involved in all aspects of commercial and corporate litigation. Specifically, Jan actively defends toxic tort, construction defect, medical malpractice, premises and products liability, and commercial trucking transportation claims in both federal and state courts.
Jan also represents employers in employment litigation claims such as discrimination, harassment and retaliation, and claims related to the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA). She assists employers in coordinated responses for discrimination charges before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), the Human Rights Commission and other federal, state and local agencies.
- Obtained significant nonsuit through non-party discovery on behalf of international fire protection and suppression company named in a water damages lawsuit due to an alleged improper and faulty installation of the sprinkler system piping; aggressive discovery revealed acts of misconduct by a commercial property owner that had been documented by a non-party
- Serves as counsel in alleged asbestos exposure cases pending throughout state courts in Texas
- Served as co-counsel on behalf of a Fortune 500 client in relation to a gross negligence/wrongful death case resulting from a commercial construction site in Dallas County, Texas in which the client was successfully dismissed prior to trial based on the development of strong motion practice and witness testimony
- Managed, defended and resolved cases involving thousands of toxic tort claimants for premises defendants and product manufacturers in trial courts throughout the state of Texas
- Participated in jury trials in Tarrant County, Texas on behalf of the defense in products liability, medical malpractice and commercial trucking cases