Michael’s practice includes litigation of complex matters, insurance coverage and insurance litigation. He defends policy-holders and self-insureds, businesses and individuals in complex claims including those involving executive, professional and employers liability defense. He also represents clients in class action defense, financial institution litigation, products liability, construction injury, environmental, civil rights and personal injury matters.
Specific to his insurance coverage practice, Michael represents primary and excess insurers’ interests in declaratory judgment actions throughout the country, as well as monitoring excess exposures and providing coverage opinions in matters involving pollution, media liability, advertising injury, transportation, construction and mass tort claims.
Michael serves on the Hearing Board of the Illinois Attorney Registration and Disciplinary Commission which assists the Illinois Supreme Court in the regulation of licensed Illinois lawyers.
- Defended travel agency client in breach of contract, fiduciary duty case, obtaining favorable defense verdict
- Defended public housing authorities against numerous claims they violated the civil rights of property owners and residents
- Defended an environmental inspection company against claims it failed to properly inspect for radioactive thorium contamination
- Represented an importer of an electric bicycle against product liability claims resulting in bodily injury
- Defended a manufacturer of a refrigeration control system against claims of breach of contract made by a food manufacturer
- Prosecuted a breach of fiduciary duty claim against a major accounting firm arising from the simultaneous merger of more than 30 companies
- Defended a truck manufacturer against product liability claim involving the crushing death of an operator