Jim is an experienced commercial litigator and trial attorney whose practice includes the representation of professionals and businesses. He has tried numerous cases and argued appeals in Illinois state and federal court, and has been admitted pro hac vice for trials in Missouri, New York and California. He practices in a wide variety of areas, with an emphasis on professional liability defense, product liability defense and commercial litigation. He also defends catastrophic premises and construction injury actions, EEOC and employment discrimination claims and municipal liability actions.
Jim represents a broad range of health care providers, medical professionals and facilities in malpractice and regulatory matters. He has a particular expertise in defending actions alleging medication errors. Jim also defends non-medical professionals and has extensive experience in product liability and commercial liability litigation. He also defends businesses in Section 1983 suits and in employment actions alleging retaliatory discharge, sexual harassment, and disability, race and age discrimination.
- Echols v. Craig, DDS, 855 F.3d 807 (U.S. App. Ct., 7th Circuit 2017)
- Panszczyk v. ACDI, et al, 11 L 8216 (tried to verdict June 1-9, 2015 in Cook County, IL)
- Karagiannis v. Allcare Dental Mgt., LLC, 2011 WL 3273216 (U.S. Dist. Ct., N.D.Ill. Aug. 1, 2011)
- Penn v. Kerr Corp., 105637/07 (tried to verdict June 2-27, 2008 in New York County, NY)
- Estate of Bosco v. Orbeta, 02 L 11372 (tried to verdict Oct. 2-16, 2006 in Cook County, IL)
- Strino v. Lindemulder, 2003 WL 25774914 (Trial Order) (Ill.Cir. Dec 11, 2003) (tried to verdict Dec. 1-11, 2003)
- Public Building Commission of Chicago v. SWM Ventures, Inc., 01 L 50628 (tried to verdict Aug. 27-29, 2002 in Cook County, IL)
- General American Life Ins. Co. v. Klatz, 99 C 4635 (tried to verdict Apr. 22-May 6, 2002 in U.S. Dist. Ct., N.D.Ill.)
- David Niebur & Phillip Bue v. Town of Cicero, 212 F.Supp.2d 790 (U.S. Dist. Ct., N.D. Ill. May 15, 2002)
- In re Estate of William Shanan Powless, 315 Ill. App. 3d 859, 734 N.E.2d 111 (5th Dist. IL 2000)