Thomas M. Crawford
Tom focuses his practice on commercial and civil litigation in state and federal courts across the country. He has defended companies in a broad range of asbestos, auto, personal injury, real estate, construction, and mass torts suits. He also has an extensive practice in representing insurance companies in a broad range of insurance coverage matters involving all types of policies.
Before joining Litchfield Cavo LLP in 1999, Tom served as Claims Counsel for CNA Insurance Company, where he provided strategic legal oversight on claims with an exposure of $5 million or more. These exposures arose out of claims involving professional malpractice, employment practices, indoor air quality, asbestos, environmental managed care organizations, reinsurance, advertising injury, e-commerce, mass torts and extra-contractual liability risks.
Tom has served as a Vice-Chair of the Insurance Coverage Litigation Committee of the American Bar Association’s Torts and Insurance Practice Section. He has also presented on numerous coverage issues involving asbestos litigation, internet liability and employment matters.
Tom served honorably in the 7th Special Forces Group (Airborne), United States Army from 1982 to 1985.
- Georgetown University Law Center, LL.M, 1993; International and Comparative Law
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School, JD, 1992; cum laude
- University of Iowa, BS, 1989
- United States District Courts: Northern District of Illinois, Central District of Illinois, Southern District of Illinois, District of Maryland
- United States Court of Appeal: Fifth Circuit, Seventh Circuit